Wednesday 30 March 2011

Sonoma Spelt Maple and Almond Breakfast Muesli

I have long been on a quest for the perfect muesli, and after eating this fabulous example I'm left wondering if I've found it! I stumbled on this accidentally on a recent trip to Sydney. It was lurking in a rather humid and murky health food shop in Randwick. I was immediately intrigued. But vaguely disconcerted by the $14 price tag, for the 500gm bag.




It sounded great. Had a wonderful ingredient list full of recognisable stuff! Oats, spelt, maple syrup, almonds, raisins, sunflower oil, vanilla. Wow. All actual foods. All low GI ingredients. I must be in heaven. Made by an artisanal bakery, Sonoma, in Sydney. I've had their breads before in fancy restaurants and been very impressed.

So how is it? It smells fantastic- full of warm, caramelly aromas- such a shame blogs aren't scratch and sniff

Not stingy with the nuts either
I was lucky the week or so I was eating this (and I think their serving size of 125gm is just crazy, I would have eaten half that- making it almost cheap) in that I had an abundance of figs and blueberries to have on my muesli, making it even more delicious.

Life imitating art, or at least packaging
I'm looking forward to stocking up on more of this on a future trip to Sydney, and also checking out their Honey Spice Muesli.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Louise! You've made me want this terribly badly - and not just because of the gorgeous fresh figs. I want, I want!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would think that you should be able to get it in Canberra somewhere Hannah. Otherwise a quick trip to Sydney may be in order. Their website has a number to ask about stockists, but does only mention Sydney. I missed getting any on my last trip to Sydney, and now have to wait a few weeks for the next trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds wonderful! I can almost smell it from here! :)

    ReplyDelete